Day 1 – Arrival in Athens
Upon arrival at Athens International Airport, you will be met by our representative and transferred to your hotel. Balance of the day at leisure.If time permits depending on your arrival time to Athens, you may enjoy one of our optional tours. (Cape Sounion or Athens By Night Tour with Traditional Greek show).
Day 2 – Athens
After breakfast at hotel, pick up for our Athens Sightseeing Tour. Our Athens Half Day Tour begins with a panoramic drive around Syntagma square, passing by many sightseeing hot spots such as National Garden, Hadrian’s Arch, St. Paul’s Church, Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Catholic Cathedral and Schliemann’s House. We will then drive past the Athens Trilogy which includes the University of Athens, the Academy of Athens, and the National Library. Our licensed guide will make you feel as if you are experiencing firsthand Athens’s old and new history as you look at these stately buildings. We continue for a photo stop at Panathenaic Stadium, otherwise known as Kallimarmaro Stadium, where the first Olympic Games took place in 1896. As we proceed, we pass by Zappeion and the Temple of Olympian Zeus. Last but not least, we make our way to the archaeological site of Acropolis, an UNESCO’S world heritage monument and we visit Propylae, as well as the small Temple of Athena Nike. Of course, our visit shall not be completed without the Parthenon and Erechtheion. The expert guided Athens sightseeing and museum tour continues with a pleasant short walk passing by Herodion and Dionysos Theater, in order to visit the New Acropolis Museum. With this Athens half day tour you will enjoy one of the top UNESCO’S world heritage monuments. At the end of our tour, return back to your hotel. Balance of the day at leisure.
Day 3 – Mycenae – Epidaurus
After breakfast, pick up from hotel for your one day tour to Mycenae and Epidaurus in order to explore some of the most famous archaeological sites in Greece. We drive via the coastal National highway for the Corinth canal, where we have a short stop. After the Corinth canal, we enter the region of Argolis and the land of Homer’s Golden Mycenae, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Dating back to the second century B.C., Mycenae was one of the major centers of Greek civilization and a military stronghold which dominated much of southern Greece. We visit the archaeological site, home to the kingdom of mythical Agamemnon, where we shall see the Cyclopean Walls, the Lion’s Gate, the Royal Tombs, including Agamemnon Clytemnestra’s, and the Treasury of Atreus, a magnificent 14th-century B.C. structure. Before lunch there will be an optional stop in a pottery factory and a traditional Greek optional lunch at a nearby restaurant is available. We continue our drive through Argos and we proceed to Nauplia or Nafplion, the first capital of modern Greece with its Venetian fortress of Palamidi and the fortified islet of Bourtzi (short stop). We continue our trip to Epidaurus and visit the ancient theatre. The UNESCO’S world heritage listed monument is reputed to be the birthplace of Apollo’s son Asklepios, the healer and was the most celebrated healing center of the classical world. Epidaurus is renowned for its theatre, one of the best preserved classical Greek structures and is still used today due to its amazing acoustics. Our Argolis (Mycenae – Epidaurus) day tour returns to Athens late in the afternoon.
Day 4 – Departure from Athens
Breakfast at the hotel, morning at leisure for your last minute shopping or strolling down the streets of Athens. Depending on your international departure flight, transfer to Athens International Airport.
- 3 Nights Athens hotel Accommodation (3*/4*/5*)
- Daily Breakfast
- SIC Half day Athens Sightseeing organized tour, including the Acropolis site and the museum of Acropolis (entrance fees included) with professional guide
- SIC Full Day Argolis (Mycenae & Epidaurus) Sightseeing tour (Organized) including lunch, with professional guide
- Entrance fees at Museums & Archaeological sites as mentioned above
- Private transfers in Athens, from/to airport with professional driver
- All taxes
- International and Domestic flights
- Other optional tours
- Other Meals or Beverages
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any personal expenses
- In case of an increase in the VAT or other taxes, including entrance fees, rates are subject to change without prior notice.Rates may change during special periods such as Christmas, New Year, Easter, International Congresses, Conventions and Fairs.
- We would like to inform you that according to Government’s law, from 01/01/2018 guests shall be required to pay directly to the hotel an “accommodation tax”, per overnight, per room. This tax goes directly to the state and the Hotel and/or travel agents have no interference. In case such regulation comes into force in 2018, hotel guests shall be requested to pay the accommodation tax directly to the hotel and is not included in any of our offers.