TOURS : Daily
Day 1 – Arrival in Athens
Upon arrival at Athens International Airport, you will be met by our representative and transferred to your hotel. Balance of the day at leisure. If time permits depending on your arrival time to Athens, you may enjoy one of our optional tours. (Cape Sounion or Athens By Night Tour with Traditional Greek show).
Day 2 – Athens
After breakfast at hotel, pick up for our Athens Sightseeing Tour. Our Athens Half Day Tour begins with a panoramic drive around Syntagma square, passing by many sightseeing hot spots such as National Garden, Hadrian’s Arch, St. Paul’s Church, Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Catholic Cathedral and Schliemann’s House. We will then drive past the Athens Trilogy which includes the University of Athens, the Academy of Athens, and the National Library. Our licensed guide will make you feel as if you are experiencing firsthand Athens’s old and new history as you look at these stately buildings. We continue for a photo stop at Panathenaic Stadium, otherwise known as Kallimarmaro Stadium, where the first Olympic Games took place in 1896. As we proceed, we pass by Zappeion and the Temple of Olympian Zeus. Last but not least, we make our way to the archaeological site of Acropolis, an UNESCO’S world heritage monument and we visit Propylae, as well as the small Temple of Athena Nike. Of course, our visit shall not be completed without the Parthenon and Erechtheion. The expert guided Athens sightseeing and museum tour continues with a pleasant short walk passing by Herodion and Dionysos Theater, in order to visit the New Acropolis Museum. With this Athens half day tour you will enjoy one of the top UNESCO’S world heritage monuments. At the end of our tour, return back to your hotel. Balance of the day at leisure.
Day 3 – Corinth Canal – Epidaurus – Mycenae – Olympia
After breakfast, pick up from hotel for your four day Classical Greece tour to explore the glory of ancient Greece with and visit five UNESCO’S world heritage sites. We depart from Athens for the Corinth canal (short stop). After our short stop at Corinth, we drive to Epidaurus and visit the Ancient theatre, world famous for its outstanding acoustics. We then proceed to Nauplia (short stop) and through the plain of Argos, we arrive to Mycenae, where we visit its archaeological site and the Tomb of Agamemnon. In the afternoon (optional stop for souvenirs), we depart for Olympia, the birth place of the Olympic Games. Overnight stay in Olympia.
Day 4 – Olympia – Delphi
We start our day with a visit to the Olympia archaeological site with the Temple of Zeus, the Temple of Hera, the altar of the Olympic flame, the Stadium and the archaeological Museum. After Olympia, we depart via Patras (short stop) to Rion, cross the Corinthian bay by the new bridge to Antirion. Pass by the city of Nafpaktos and from there on, along the coastal road to Delphi, known in ancient times as the navel of the world. In the afternoon, we visit the picturesque mountain village of Arachova. Overnight stay in Delphi.
Day 5 – Delphi – Kalambaka (Meteora)
In the morning, we visit the archaeological site and the Museum of Delphi. After our navigation through the center of earth and universe for Ancient Greeks, Delphi, we depart for Kalambaka, by crossing the Thessalian plain in Central Greece through the cities of Lamia (short stop) and Trikala. Kalambaka is a small town built at the foot of the majestic Meteora grey rocks, just below the Monasteries.
Overnight stay in Kalambaka.
Day 6 – Kalambaka & Meteora
Today, we depart in the morning for nearby Meteora on a tour of the cliff-top monasteries by visiting two different Byzantine Monasteries, built on top of rock towers and offering fantastic views over the plain. Meteora is included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. The monasteries are perched on top of towers of sandstone, which provided the monks with totally inaccessible retreats for centuries. Meteora is considered one of the most beautiful areas of Greek mainland and its cluster of monasteries is one of the country’s most unique attractions. We return to Athens passing by the heroic monument of Leonidas, the King of Sparta in Thermopylae (short stop for photos). The tour returns to Athens late in the afternoon.
Day 7 – Departure from Athens
Breakfast at the hotel, morning at leisure for your last minute shopping or strolling down the streets of Athens. Depending on your international departure flight, transfer to Athens International Airport.
- 3 Nights Athens hotel accommodation (3*/4*/5*)
- 1 Night Olympia hotel accommodation (3*/4*) on Half Board basis
- 1 Night Delphi hotel accommodation (3*/4*) on Half Board basis
- 1 Night Kalambaka hotel accommodation (3*/4*) on Half Board basis
- Daily Breakfast
- SIC Half day Athens Sightseeing organized tour, including the Acropolis site and the museum of Acropolis with transport from/to hotel
- Four Days Classical Greece (Olympia, Delphi, Meteora) Sightseeing tour (Organized) on HB basis
- Entrance fees at Museums & Archaeological sites as mentioned above
- Licensed professional Guide on tours
- Private transfers in Athens, from/to airport with professional driver
- All taxes
- International and Domestic flights
- Other optional tours
- Other Meals or Beverages
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any personal expenses
- In case of an increase in the VAT or other taxes, including entrance fees, rates are subject to change without prior notice.Rates may change during special periods such as Christmas, New Year, Easter, International Congresses, Conventions and Fairs.
- We would like to inform you that according to Government’s law, from 01/01/2018 guests shall be required to pay directly to the hotel an “accommodation tax”, per overnight, per room. This tax goes directly to the state and the Hotel and/or travel agents have no interference. In case such regulation comes into force in 2018, hotel guests shall be requested to pay the accommodation tax directly to the hotel and is not included in any of our offers.