TOURS EVERY: …
Day by Day Program
Day 1 – Arrival in Athens
Upon arrival at Athens International Airport, you will be met by our representative and transferred to your hotel. Balance of the day at leisure. If time permits depending on your arrival time to Athens, you may enjoy one of our optional tours. (Cape Sounion or Athens By Night Tour with Traditional Greek show).
Day 2 – Athens
After breakfast at hotel, pick up for our Athens Sightseeing Tour. Our Athens Half Day Tour begins with a panoramic drive around Syntagma square, passing by many sightseeing hot spots such as National Garden, Hadrian’s Arch, St. Paul’s Church, Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Catholic Cathedral and Schliemann’s House. We will then drive past the Athens Trilogy which includes the University of Athens, the Academy of Athens, and the National Library. Our licensed guide will make you feel as if you are experiencing firsthand Athens’s old and new history as you look at these stately buildings. We continue for a photo stop at Panathenaic Stadium, otherwise known as Kallimarmaro Stadium, where the first Olympic Games took place in 1896. As we proceed, we pass by Zappeion and the Temple of Olympian Zeus. Last but not least, we make our way to the archaeological site of Acropolis, an UNESCO’S world heritage monument and we visit Propylae, as well as the small Temple of Athena Nike. Of course, our visit shall not be completed without the Parthenon and Erechtheion. The expert guided Athens sightseeing and museum tour continues with a pleasant short walk passing by Herodion and Dionysos Theater, in order to visit the New Acropolis Museum. With this Athens half day tour you will enjoy one of the top UNESCO’S world heritage monuments. At the end of our tour, return back to your hotel. Balance of the day at leisure.
Day 3 – Olympia
After breakfast, pick up from hotel for your three day Classical tour to Epidaurus, Mycenae, Olympia and Delphi in order to explore some of the most famous sites in Greek mainland. We depart for our tour the coastal National highway for the Corinth Canal (short stop). After the Corinth Canal, we drive to Epidaurus and visit its Ancient theatre, world famous for its outstanding acoustics. Then we enter the region of Argolis, land of Homer’s Golden Mycenae, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Dating back to the second century B.C., Mycenae was one of the major centers of Greek civilization and a military stronghold which dominated most of southern Greece. We will see the Cyclopean Walls, the Lion’s Gate, the Royal Tombs, including Agamemnon & Clytemnestra’s tombs, as well as the Treasury of Atreus, a magnificent 14th-century B.C. structure. In the afternoon (after an optional stop for souvenirs), we depart for Olympia, the birth place of the Olympic Games, through the cities of Tripolis and Megalopolis. Overnight stay in Olympia.
Day 4 – Olympia – Delphi
After breakfast, we start our day with a visit to the Olympia archaeological site with the Temple of Zeus, the Temple of Hera, the altar of the Olympic flame, the Stadium and the archaeological Museum. After Olympia, we depart via Patras (short stop) to Rion, cross the Corinthian bay by the new bridge to Antirion. Pass by the city of Nafpaktos and from there on, along the coastal road to Delphi, known in ancient times as the navel of the world. In the afternoon, we visit the picturesque mountain village of Arachova. Overnight stay in Delphi.
Day 5 – Delphi – Athens
In the morning, we visit the archaeological site and the Museum of Delphi, known in ancient times as the navel of the world. We pass by Castalia Spring, visit the archaeological site and view the monument of the Argive Kings, the Temple of Pronaia, the treasury of the Athenians, the Athenian Stoa, the Polygonal Wall, the monument of Platea and the Temple of Apollo, famous for its oracle. Of course, we wouldn’t miss Delphi museum, with its spectacular exhibits, including the frieze of the Treasury of the Sifnians, the Naxian Sphinx, the Statue of Antinoos, the metopes of the Athenian treasury, the famous bronze Charioteer and many other artifacts. Our tour returns to Athens late in the afternoon.
Day 6 – Departure from Athens
Breakfast at the hotel, morning at leisure for your last minute shopping or strolling down the streets of Athens. Depending on your international departure flight, transfer to Athens International Airport.
- 3 Nights Athens hotel accommodation (3*/4*/5*)
- 1 Night Olympia hotel accommodation (3*/4*) on Half Board basis
- 1 Night Delphi hotel accommodation (3*/4*) on Half Board basis
- Daily Breakfast
- SIC Half day Athens Sightseeing organized tour, including the Acropolis site and the museum of Acropolis with transport from/to hotel
- Three Days Classical Greece (Epidaurus, Mycenae, Olympia & Delphi) Sightseeing tour (Organized) on HB basis
- Entrance fees at Museums & Archaeological sites as mentioned above
- Licensed professional Guide on tours
- Private transfers in Athens, from/to airport with professional driver
- All taxes
- International and Domestic flights
- Other optional tours
- Other Meals or Beverages
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any personal expenses
- In case of an increase in the VAT or other taxes, including entrance fees, rates are subject to change without prior notice. Rates may change during special periods such as Christmas, New Year, Easter, International Congresses, Conventions and Fairs.
- We would like to inform you that according to Government’s law, from 01/01/2018 guests shall be required to pay directly to the hotel an “accommodation tax”, per overnight, per room. This tax goes directly to the state and the Hotel and/or travel agents have no interference. In case such regulation comes into force in 2018, hotel guests shall be requested to pay the accommodation tax directly to the hotel and is not included in any of our offers.