TOURS : Daily
Day 1 – Arrival in Athens
Upon arrival at Athens International Airport, you will be met by our representative and transferred to your hotel. Balance of the day at leisure. If time permits depending on your arrival time to Athens, you may enjoy one of our optional tours. (Cape Sounion or Athens By Night Tour with Traditional Greek show).
Day 2 – Athens Sightseeing
After breakfast at hotel, pick up for our Athens Sightseeing Tour. Our Athens Half Day Tour begins with a panoramic drive around Syntagma square, passing by many sightseeing hot spots such as National Garden, Hadrian’s Arch, St. Paul’s Church, Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Catholic Cathedral and Schliemann’s House. We will then drive past the Athens Trilogy which includes the University of Athens, the Academy of Athens, and the National Library. Our licensed guide will make you feel as if you are experiencing firsthand Athens’s old and new history as you look at these stately buildings. We continue for a photo stop at Panathenaic Stadium, otherwise known as Kallimarmaro Stadium, where the first Olympic Games took place in 1896. As we proceed, we pass by Zappeion and the Temple of Olympian Zeus. Last but not least, we make our way to the archaeological site of Acropolis, an UNESCO’S world heritage monument and we visit Propylae, as well as the small Temple of Athena Nike. Of course, our visit shall not be completed without the Parthenon and Erechtheion. The expert guided Athens sightseeing and museum tour continues with a pleasant short walk passing by Herodion and Dionysos Theater, in order to visit the New Acropolis Museum. With this Athens half day tour you will enjoy one of the top UNESCO’S world heritage monuments. At the end of our tour, return back to your hotel. Balance of the day at leisure.
Day 3 – Delphi
After breakfast, pick up from hotel for your two day tour to Delphi and Meteora in order to explore some of the most famous sites in Greek mainland. Passing through the spectacular sites of Boeotia, Thebes and Levadia, our first stop is Delphi, the center of earth and universe for Ancient Greeks. Famous for its theater, the Temple of Apollo and its ancient ruins, Delphi was considered the navel of the world and played a very important role in the classical ancient Greek world. We visit the archaeological site and the Temple of Apollo, famous for its oracle. In the afternoon, we depart for Kalambaka, by crossing the Thessalian plain in Central Greece through the cities of Lamia (short stop) and Trikala. Kalambaka is a small town built at the foot of the majestic Meteora grey rocks, just below the Monasteries (short stop for souvenirs). Overnight stay in Kalambaka.
Day 4 – Kalambaka & Meteora
Today, we depart in the morning for nearby Meteora on a tour of the cliff-top monasteries by visiting two different Byzantine Monasteries, built on top of rock towers and offering fantastic views over the plain. Meteora is included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. The monasteries are perched on top of towers of sandstone, which provided the monks with totally inaccessible retreats for centuries. Meteora is considered one of the most beautiful areas of Greek mainland and its cluster of monasteries is one of the country’s most unique attractions. On our way back from the monasteries, there is an optional visit to a factory of Byzantine style icons. We return to Athens passing by the heroic monument of Leonidas, the King of Sparta in Thermopylae (short stop for photos). The tour returns to Athens late in the afternoon.
Day 5 – Athens
Day at leisure to explore Athens city on your own or join one of our capturing optional tours (Cape Sounion, 1 Day 3 Argosaronic Islands, 1 Day Delphi Tour or many others). Don’t miss the opportunity to make the most of your stay in Athens by getting to know its everyday life. Start your day with a walk to Athens city center, through the picturesque streets of Plaka and Monastiraki. Wander around the flea market of Monastiraki area or go for a shopping spree at Ermou Street, the main street market of Athens. Enjoy your afternoon coffee by the sea at the Athenian Riviera, where you can visit the Floisvos Marina or Glyfada area. After some relaxing, a night out at the Athenian bars in the city center is a perfect end to a perfect day. Visit the Kolonaki area for some posh bars or the Karitsi square if you want to experience the alternative way of nightlife.
Day 6 – Departure from Athens
Breakfast at the hotel, morning at leisure for your last minute shopping or strolling down the streets of Athens. Depending on your international departure flight, transfer to Athens International Airport.
- 4 Nights Athens hotel accommodation (3*/4*/5*)
- 1 Night Kalambaka hotel accommodation (3*/4*) on Half Board basis
- Daily Breakfast
- SIC Half day Athens Sightseeing organized tour, including the Acropolis site and the museum of Acropolis (entrance fees included) with professional guide
- SIC Two Days Classical Greece (Delphi & Meteora) Sightseeing tour (Organized) on HB basis
- Entrance fees at Museums & Archaeological sites as mentioned above
- Private transfers in Athens, from/to airport with professional driver
- All taxes
- International and Domestic flights
- Other optional tours
- Other Meals or Beverages
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any personal expenses
- In case of an increase in the VAT or other taxes, including entrance fees, rates are subject to change without prior notice.Rates may change during special periods such as Christmas, New Year, Easter, International Congresses, Conventions and Fairs.
- We would like to inform you that according to Government’s law, from 01/01/2018 guests shall be required to pay directly to the hotel an “accommodation tax”, per overnight, per room. This tax goes directly to the state and the Hotel and/or travel agents have no interference. In case such regulation comes into force in 2018, hotel guests shall be requested to pay the accommodation tax directly to the hotel and is not included in any of our offers.